Friday, July 24, 2009

More work Stuff

Here are some pics






The picture of the little blue house was taking from the entrance from where I work and is a typical house in Coque. The picture of the big building is where I do most of my work. It is the NEIMFA. Nucleo Educacional Irmaos Menores de Francisco de Assis or something about educational brothers of St. Francis of Assisi. I'm going to try to explain something now that even I still don't really understand. It is a non-profit spiritual and educational group that has been working in Coque since 1986. It let's Coque Vive use its building and classrooms so a natural partnership has formed. Now with a name like NEIMFA you would think it is a christian groupe, WRONG! As far as I can tell they are some sort of mix of Buhdisim, Christian and Taoism? It is very holistic. Here are some pic of Buddha and St. Francis and a couple of other entities chillin together. Anyways even if I don't understand them, they do good work.

Here is a video of one of my classes and some of my students. The other teacher is named Help or Help-e as her students call her.

No comments:

Post a Comment