Thursday, May 21, 2009

First

This is my first post. I would like to welcome everyone who will follow this blog. I have not left yet, so I have nothing very interesting to put here, so I will talk about the trip in general.

I calculated that my flights will be 21 hours long from Montreal to Recife with 3 transfers. Luckily, cocktails are free on international flights and I will bring some movies on my mp3 player to pass the time, so it won't be so bad.

I leave Montreal on June 1st and will arrive in Recife on the 2nd. I will be staying with 4 different host families during my 10 week stay and I can't wait to meet all the wonderful people that are willing to let me stay with them.

My work consists of two different jobs. First I will have a traineeship with a non prof called Coque (cocaine in Portuguese) Vive. Links to their blog and website and you can find them on youtube. Basically, it is a new media project trying to change the perception of the children from Coque, a Favela (slum) near Recife by using blogs, videos and photos. The second task I have will be to learn and work with the local AIESEC (the exchange program i work with) in Recife on projects, events and anything else they need help with. I know this might sound a little confusing right now but it will become more clear as this blog grows.

I will also be documenting activities outside of working aka goodtimes and parties (I will keep the pics PG-13). After writing all of this I can't wait to write my first blog from Brazil.

No comments:

Post a Comment